We embrace all early years settings from nurseries, children’s centres, childminder’s networks, day care, pre-schools, play groups, holiday clubs, and out-of-school schemes – in fact, all aspects of child care. We ensure safeguarding is intrinsically linked to the early years foundation stage with a key focus for remaining child-centred.
Our services for the early years setting focuses primarily on the vulnerabilities of babies and young children. We know, because they are so little, that the need to safeguard these children is an essential part of your work. We want to support you in this process by specifically understanding child development, play and positive relationships.
Our specialist areas in early years settings cover:
- Early years policy and procedures in line with the early years foundation stage
- Vulnerability of young children
- The role of pre-school workers and designated persons
- Babies and toddlers vulnerable to serious injuries and death
- Training specific for non-specialist child care professionals
- Talking about child protection with parents and communities