We are incredibly passionate about working with Charities, Councils for Voluntary Service and Third Sector organisations.
We understand the unique challenges of the role of volunteers (as well as the value they bring to your activities), we know about fundraising, youth clubs and so on. We have spent many years applying our skills within organisations of faith-based origins too. So, Athena really is well-placed to help you evaluate the impact of safeguarding in all these kinds of circumstances and, importantly, how this topic sits within overall requirements for good governance.
We are able to offer trainers and consultants for all our services who have experience of volunteering, membership of charitable groups and not-for-profit organisations. Our people will travel wherever they are needed. Our work with national and international charities has taken us across the UK and Europe.
Our specialist areas in the Charitable and Third Sector cover:
- Development of safeguarding workshops for Boards of Trustees
- Terms of reference for internal safeguarding committees
- Role of independent chair person and/or advisory members
- Bespoke policy and procedures
- Understanding and experience of working with faith based organisations
- Safeguarding for community events
- Audits for summer schemes, children camps, trips and activities (UK or Overseas)
- Safeguarding champion models involving cascade training for volunteers and employees
- Safeguarding volunteer handbooks and induction packs
- Bespoke safeguarding processes for home visiting, befriending and best practice
- Support for fundraising
- Newsletters, leaflets, posters, DVDs
- Referral flowcharts
- Safeguarding forms
- Safer recruitment
- Attending Safeguarding meetings