This course is essential for you if you work with children and young people, adults or families in any setting. The issue of Honour Based Violence (HBV) and Forced Marriage (FM) is complex and it is crucial that you know exactly what to do in a situation where you suspect this may happen so that you can take action to safeguard the victim/s and minimise risk.
This course may cover:
- The definition of HBV and Forced Marriage
- Legislation, guidelines and policy
- Who is at risk?
- Identifying the signs, symptoms and indicators
- The cultural backgrounds
- The perspective of the victim
- Barriers to seeking help
- Responding to a disclosure
- Existing support services
- Risk assessment and safeguarding plans
- Inter agency working