The Deprivation of Liberties Safeguarding (DOLS) course will interest anyone employed in a social care setting, and in particular those working with people in residential care and supported housing arrangements.
This course will provide details of what a Deprivation of Liberty Safeguard is, who is protected by DOLS, the scope of the DOLS legislation, and how your roles and responsibilities relate to the protection of a person’s liberty. It includes decisions and changes brought about by the Supreme Court Judgement of March 2014.
You will gain:
- Clarity on what a “DOL” is
- Improved understanding of the emotional aspect of making a decision for a person who lacks capacity
- Increased awareness of National Legislation and Guidance
- Knowledge of Statutory Principles
- Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Test
- Your own Best Interest Checklist
- Enhanced ability to identify standard or urgent requests