This level is suitable for someone who holds a management, supervisory or designated safeguarding position and supervises those who work with children and/or adults at risk both in the UK and overseas.
This is typically those working in the housing or healthcare sector, universities, schools, informal education and skills, charities, recruitment, apprenticeship delivery, places of worship, arts and museums, sports and sport and leisure centres. Your main employment duties are likely to be safeguarding.
- Level Three safeguarding training usually refers to the training of a Designated Safeguarding Lead or officer
- It is designed to increase the confidence and competency of someone who has the responsibility of the Designated Safeguarding Lead or officer
- and their role in multiagency working.
- This course will help you become familiar with the role and responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead/ Designated Safeguarding Officer and is a bespoke course created for those performing this role within your organisation.
- You should already have a good understanding of both of the Child and Adult abuse investigation processes under Working Together to safeguard Children (2018) and / or the Care Act 2014.
- In this course you will explore more of the strategic elements of the role i.e., quality assurance, policy reviews, supervision and fully understand the impact of safeguarding on everyone concerned.
- You will look at the importance of information sharing, risk management and how to manage the most difficult cases that may involve allegations against staff.