If you have completed your Safeguarding Children Level 1 and need to know more about safeguarding children, then Safeguarding Children Level 2 is for you.
From this course you will gain detailed knowledge of legislation and guidance relating to the child protection process (Section 17 and Section 47 enquiries). You will get increased knowledge of partner agencies responses and your expected involvement in the Child Protection Process.
Designed for people who have more responsibility for safeguarding children and young people, this course covers roles and responsibilities in depth.
- Understand the protective factors in Early help services
- Explain the concepts of child in need and significant harm (understanding thresholds, Roles and responsibilities of professionals involved in Child Protection process
- Representing the child’s voice
- Child Protection Process Referral pathway- meeting structure – timescales (Working Together 2018)
- Increase knowledge of Information sharing in safeguarding(including GDPR) and child consent issues
- Joint investigation process – including DBS reporting requirement
- Apply a range of knowledge and understanding to solve practical child abuse situations with the use of bespoke case studies
- Knowledge of safeguarding Partners, Child death reviews, Serious Case Review’s duty to cooperate
- Other Safeguarding arrangements MAPPA, MARAC, PREVENT
- Increased vulnerability from Covid restrictions
Additional Learning Outcomes:
- The law on child consent
- Develop an action plan to apply learning to professional practice