This training is for professionals and volunteers who are significantly placed to work with children, young people, and adults at risk.
You will gain a knowledge of the definitions and complexities of Modern Slavery and be able to identify those individuals vulnerable to being trafficked.
You will increase your awareness of how to support victims of modern slavery and how to report through the National Reporting Mechanism.
- What is Modern Slavery i.e. the law
- Awareness of the definition and the signs of modern slavery
- Understand the types of exploitation i.e. domestic servitude, drug cultivation, sex trad etc
- Know more about supporting victims and barriers to reporting
- Duty to notify – National Referral Mechanism ( Salvation Army)
- How to respond to victims and how to report concerns e.g. case studies
- Independent Child Trafficking Advocates (ICTA’s)