Whether you are forming new Safeguarding Governance arrangements with new safeguarding champions or want to offer development days for the existing champions this bespoke course is for your organisation.
Offering a way to up skill and increase the knowledge of those in your organisation who act as safeguarding champions offering advice, guidance and support.
- Understand internal Safeguarding Policy and Procedures both for children and adults.
- To understand the purpose and importance of the safeguarding champion.
- Understand the roles and responsibility of the ‘Safeguarding Champion’ ( or agree if new role) and explore what this means for you for safer working practices.
- Create/review safeguarding champion guidelines for practice that covers safeguarding within your organisation
- Explore a strategy and create an action plan to promote safeguarding through all areas of business
- Understand the need to be active in responding to safeguarding concerns.
- Understand and commit to a safer culture and a risk management culture.
- To support Designated Safeguarding Lead officer by developing an evaluation strategy that is linked to measurable outcomes, for example: audit plans
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of other safeguarding partners Understand the challenges and barriers to effective information sharing within the group.
- Take time for action planning for ownership, embedding the safeguarding champion’s structure and a communications strategy.
Additional Learning Outcomes:
- To review the implementation of the Safeguarding champions and review their roles and responsibilities
- Understand how to refer to concerns/allegations to statutory agencies.
- Understand how to respond to those subject of concerns or allegations of abuse
- Understand and further explore your role and responsibilities as a safeguarding champion
- Set expectations for the next year
- Develop an action plan to apply learning to professional practice.