Solution Focused Safeguarding Practice
This course will allow you to understand the benefits of a solution focused approach to safeguarding work with children and adults. Research tells us that families will engage more consistently with safeguarding work where there is a balanced approach to identify risk.
- To understand what is meant by “solution focused” in safeguarding work.
- To consider different approaches in identifying risk in a solution focused way.
- To develop knowledge of motivational interviewing techniques and how to apply this in safeguarding work.
- To understand the difference between intuitive and analytical thinking
- To be able to recognise that in all safeguarding scenarios there will be evidence of strengths as well as areas for development
- To appreciate the need for realistic and timely planning in safeguarding work
- To allow service users to share experiences and exercise choice about how help and support is delivered to minimise and manage identified risk of harm
- To understand models of change and how this may impact safeguarding outcomes
- To equip practitioners with the ability to think critically and apply professional challenge where appropriate in safeguarding situations
- To appreciate the benefits from a solution focused approach in avoiding resistance from families and service users.