All local authorities are unique, designing and delivering services in accordance with the identified needs of their overall population, communities and geographical boundaries. The range of organisations and individuals working to ensure that the needs of local residents are met is vast and specific to the environment within which the Local Authority is responsible for.
Local Authorities are crucial to effective safeguarding practice whether that be the planning and delivery of services to promote wellbeing, or the employment of statuary responsibilities to protect the most vulnerable across all age brackets. Often the very first point of contact when additional support may be required, we understand some of the challenges associated with local authority work. We can offer assistance in a number of ways:
- Pre and Post inspection support.
- Independent safeguarding audits and reviews, as well as for organisations subject to LADO investigations.
- Bespoke training for children and adult social work teams such as organisational safeguarding and joint investigations;
- Councillors briefings on areas on safeguarding.
- Safeguarding training for council repair, maintenance and environment health teams.
- Safeguarding training for children’s residential teams.
- Advice and support to employ both statutory and non-statutory guidance across relevant services.
- Needs lead training and development opportunities for staff no matter which organisation they represent.
- Multi agency and partnership working strategies.
- Single and multi-agency safeguarding training needs analysis and safeguarding impact evaluation of training g programmes.